At Trustly, we are passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products, available in 29 European countries, attracts global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, the private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider. We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 350 people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in London, Spain, Malta, Germany, Finland, Brazil and the U.S. Together, we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you will do here will make a great impact.
We are now looking for a Legal Counsel to our legal team in Stockholm who can contribute in taking us to the next level.
About the role
Trustly’s legal team consists today of 7 legal counsels. The team supports the entire organization by finding innovative solutions and providing high-quality user-friendly advice. The team is closely integrated with the company’s business activities and forms an important role in Trustly’s journey of becoming the leading global bank-to-bank payment method.
In the role as a Legal Counsel, you will assist with various legal matters, focusing on the following:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Handling of corporate governance within the group.
- Handling of M&A and financing related matters.
- Participate with legal advice within product development.
In addition, you will assist in Trustly’s global expansion project where you will:
- Form part of a group that analyses business opportunities internationally.
- Prepare and manage international advisors as well as managing payment license applications internationally.
Who you are
To be successful in this role we see you as an individual with a high degree of integrity and ability to adapt quickly to changes. While you will work closely with experienced legal colleagues, you will be expected to work independently, often managing and coordinating your work on your own and with external legal counsel.
We believe that the right candidate for this position:
- holds a law degree (Sw. jur.kand.) and have between 2-4 years’ work experience from a top rated law firm
- has experience from a transaction-focused team where you are used to handling corporate law and commercial agreements, have gained strong project management skills and learned to prioritize conflicting demands and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- is known to be a “doer,” have a hard-working and proactive attitude and ambition to add value in everything you do
- have a positive and humble approach.
Experience from working with AML and other financial regulatory question will be highly valued.
To suit Trustly and our team you should be a real team player with a high degree of personal judgment, right attitude for learning and taking on new challenges.
What we offer you
Trusty offers the right candidate a commitment to constantly develop and improve. You will grow on a professional and personal level in a stimulating environment by:
- Working with challenging questions with leading professionals in an open, inspiring, innovative and business-oriented atmosphere.
- Taking part on an exciting journey as the company grows fast and expands its business globally at a rapid pace.
- Having work-life balance and fun at work in a modern and friendly workplace.
Come and join the Trustly journey!
Application and Inquiries
Please apply now or contact Johan Kjellberg at Brillo Search for Inquiries. The process is ongoing.