At Trustly, we are passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products, available in many European countries and the US, attracts global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, the private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 350+ people with headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in the UK, Spain, Malta, Germany, Finland and the US. Together, we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you will do here will make a great impact.
Trustly is now looking for new talent to its legal department, with a particular focus on data privacy, who can contribute in taking Trustly to the next level.
About Trustly’s Legal team
Trustly’s legal team is based in Stockholm and consists of 7 full-time employees. The team’s main objective is to support the entire organization by finding innovative solutions and providing advice in a user-friendly way, while delivering high-quality legal advice. The team forms an important role in Trustly’s journey of becoming the leading global bank-to-bank payment method and is closely integrated with the company’s business activities and involved at the front-end of decision-making.
About the role
In the role as a legal counsel with focus on data privacy questions, you will assist the entire organization, and in particular the DPO, the legal team, and Chief Information Security Officer, in various internal and external data privacy and information security law matters. You will provide guidance on the company’s data privacy and information security policies and programs and provide support internally to Trustly’s technology and products teams on implementation, maintenance and compliance with such policies and programs. As Trustly is expanding globally, you will be a key individual in making sure that Trustly’s high data protection and IT security standards are maintained on a global level.
In addition, you will occasionally assist in the daily work of the legal team, which covers various legal areas, such as commercial contract law, marketing and intellectual property law, consumer rights law, employment law and financial and regulatory law.
Overall, the role as legal counsel will give you the opportunity to work with complex legal and commercial questions in an innovative and business-oriented company that develops the next-generation of payments.
Who you are
To be successful in the role, we believe that:
● You hold a law degree (Sw. jur kand.) and have between 1-3 years’ work experience from a reputable law firm or as in-house legal counsel
● You likely have experience from working with privacy and information security questions, but your passion for learning and strong interest in this area can easily compensate for a more limited experience
● You are known to be a “doer,” have a hard-working and proactive attitude, and the ambition to add value in everything you do
● You have a positive and humble attitude; you are a real team player with a high degree of personal judgement.
● It is an advantage if you have experience in working with IT-law in general, and have specific knowledge in, outsourcing and SaaS arrangements open source and IT-agreements.
What we offer
● A commitment to constantly develop and improve; you can expect to grow on a professional and personal level in a stimulating environment
● Inspiring teamwork in a business that extends across borders
● The opportunity to work with challenging questions with leading professionals in an open and truly inspiring and innovative atmosphere
● The chance to take part in an exciting journey as the company grows and expands its business at a rapid pace into
● A modern and friendly workplace that values work-life balance, teamwork and the importance of having fun at work
Application and Inquiries
Please apply now or contact Johan Kjellberg at Brillo Search for Inquiries. The process is ongoing.