At Transfer Galaxy we have developed a digital platform for cross-border remittances. With the help of technology, we make remittances cheaper, safer and smarter while helping some of the world's poorest to save on expensive fees when sending money to support their loved ones. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the Nordics.
Being a regulated financial entity, as part of our normal business conduct, we prevent, detect and investigate financial crime. We firmly endorse a culture of integrity and honesty and have a zero-tolerance approach to financial crime, as we aim to prevent, detect and investigate all forms of financial crime.
About the role
The role entails leading the first-line compliance team responsible for the implementation of financial crime procedures and the regulatory quality control of the company’s products and services. The team’s duties include:
- Reviewing alarms generated by transaction monitoring system
- Reviewing sanctions screening
- Reviewing fraud alerts
- Handling requests for information (RFIs) from partners
- Processing KYC in regard to onboarding of new customers
You will lead the small and multicultural team with a hands-on approach which entails being involved in everyday work for the aforementioned tasks that the team is responsible for. Furthermore, in your role you will be responsible for:
- Preparing STR/SAR reports and respond to enquiries from regulatory agencies
- Training of new employees in regard to compliance
- Conducting annual training
- Ongoing due diligence of our partners
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
Furthermore, you will be involved in the following work in regard to:
- Validating models used for transaction monitoring, customer risk assessment, sanctions, screening and other models used
- Reviewing and updating of policies, procedures and other documents
- Developing internal processes and systems
- Adopting new technology that simplify internal processes and/or customer journey
The role will be based in our Stockholm or Örebro offices.
Who you are
- You have an academic degree, preferably in law, with two to five years relevant working experience from a Law Firm or a regulated Financial Services environment. Previous working experience regarding AML is a great advantage
- A team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ambitius and comfortable in taking ownership of given tasks and working independently and proactively
- Possess strong organizational, analytical and administrative skills with a high attention to detail
- Having full professional working proficiency in both Swedish and English
- To be successful in this role we see you as an individual with a high degree of integrity and ability to adapt quickly to changes.
Come and join the Transfer Galaxy journey! Apply now!
Application and Inquiries
Please apply now or contact Johan Kjellberg at Brillo Search for Inquiries. The process is ongoing.